How it is going to help us:
- It is light. So webpage loads very quick
- This is a perfect fit for mobiles and tablets.
- Provides support for cross platform programming.
The upgraded feature HTML 5 will you give you..
- Better audio and video configuration and sure get rid of lot of plug ins to support them.again Flash is a buggy product.So bye bye embed code. Instead HTML supports Audio Video tags.Same like Image tag Read more on media here.
- Can have offline access to web as it supports offline storage.
- Much more interactive sites can be made with HTML-5 semantics. The semantic elements enhance the user experience and touch several areas. Internationalization, interchangeability Search etc. Read here for more on Semantics. Also for perfectly designing of a page you can refer here(Algorithm)
- Standard and non standard CSS can be visible to pages.Also few portion of a page which was unavailable to the users can be accessed with W3schools new framework on HTML-5
- Stronger support for web worker and forms filling information.Also supports push technology to support Ajax request which uses HTTP to communicate.
- Better markup support with less tags
- UTF-8 becomes the only standard character set
- DOM support is finally active. With greater Web storage technology the storage in cookie becomes higher upto 10 MB that too in client side.The APIs session and local Storage API runs apps without plugins.