HTML-5 have come up with lot more modifications on the deceleration portion. It is really nice for the developer and test engineer.
But we need to test for
- Please refer http://www.askqtp.com/2011/12/importance-of-doctype-in-web-testing.html for doctype checking.
- Remember the HTML-4 and less will have ...syntax like <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="abc.css"> but in HTML 5 <link rel="stylesheet" href="lounge.css">
- HTML 4 will have -<script src="lounge.js"></script> but HTML-5 will have only <Script></Script>
- Meta tag in HTML 4 or less is <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> but in HTML-5<meta charset=“utf-8">
- There is an existence of XHTML in HTML 4 or less but HTML 5 does not have that.