How to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad

How to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name?? This question is very common between all of us.
I googled a bit found the below written

Transfer Electricity Meter in Your Name without paying any bribe.  This is good suggestion with respect to Bangalore.

But with respect to Hyderabad..let me tell you what do you require actually...

Things you require...

  1. Sale's deed 
  2. Last 2 month's electricity bill(Latest will be required) 
  3. Passport size photograph-4 (2 is required) 
  4. One Signature from Builder on top section ("Signature of Transferor") on Transfer Form (which can be downloaded from ). 
  5. If you and your relative or spouse jointly buying then NOC Certificate from your spouse/relative on a 20/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper is required 
Process you need to Follow:
  1. In Hyderabad eSeva service is very good. Even online service is there . I prefer eSeva. Please pay the current outstanding( current month bill). Still the bill will be on builder's name . Collect the receipt from eSeva. Alternatively you can get the same from builder.(In second case you are really lucky...:) ) 
  2. Now its time for you to prepare for the proof. So in a A4 paper please xerox bill and payment receipt.(2 copies) 
  3. Find out a Gazetted officer from Hyderabad. If you don't find any, go to power office or Miyapur court , You can get many Notary shops to help you out. 
  4. All the pages (front and backside) of the sale's deed and payment proof should be signed by officer. 
  5. Check the ERO Code on your Bill and find out the office.
  6. Xerox all the documents(1-2 copies) 
  7. From this office you need to take a chalan.. attested copies, Builder' signed-TransferForm & 2 Passport Photographs need to be submitted. 
  8. Now they will provide you a form.Please fill this form . 
  9. After checking all these details , a picture will be taken with their cam. 
You are good to go. Now bill will be in your name!!!!.
Image Credit:
How to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad How to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad Reviewed by Animesh Chatterjee on November 19, 2012 Rating: 5


  1. Such a headache. I will retain with my current name on the bill.

  2. Thanks Nice Information.

  3. Nice Info, Do we need to take any DD

  4. Latest list of documents
    1)Sale deed both side xerox with attestation
    2)Latest bill & payment receipt
    3)2 passport size photographs of new owner
    4)old owner sign. on application
    5)Filled Complaint form(you will get this at the office or download )
    5)25/- at ERO office for domestic
    6)Noc on Rs 10/- if joint
    7)Rs 100/- name change bond
    8)Latest EC copy
    9)Up-to-date house tax receipt
    10)ID proof

  5. Thanks for the info

  6. Hi,

    Thanks for this useful information. I applied for Title Transfer on Electricity Meter (in Sep 2015) and below is the list of paper work i had to submit (very minor change from what another contributor has listed; so i'll re-use the list here and add my comments)

    Latest list of documents
    1) Sale deed both side xerox with attestation
    2) Latest bill & payment receipt
    3) 1 (yes, they just took one) passport size photographs of new owner
    4) old owner sign. on application (this is a consent form from the old owner - available on net or provided free of cost at electricity office)
    5) Filled in complaint form (you will get this at the office or download) - this is a simple form where you have to mention your Service number, tick mark the 'Title Transfer' option and sign it
    5) 50/- at ERO office for domestic (ask for Rs. 50/- challan for title transfer - they will give you a challan that states Application Fee)
    6) Noc on Rs 10/- if new owner are joint (ie. more than one owner mentioned in the sale deed). Again one may download the format from internet / Telungana electricity board website
    7) Rs 100/- name change bond (format available in website)
    8) Latest EC copy (Encumberance Certificate - this is easily to get online. Search for "Telangana Encumberance Certificate" and you should be able to get it generated in minutes
    9) Up-to-date house tax receipt (I did not provide this, nor was asked. Mine is a new construction and i am yet to pay tax on it)
    10) ID proof

    I went to a notary for attestation but found they know the process of Title Transfer for Electricity, so i got NOC, Name Change Bond, bills/payment receipt copy attestation all done there - my work got easy. Also, i submitted only one set of document copy to electricity board - nothing in original except NOC and Name Change bond. I went to Mehdipatnam branch near Sarojini Devi Eye hospital and got it done. I did have to visit thrice (at the first visit, i learnt i had to provide the application after paying Rs. 50/-, the second time the operator was out sick and the third time, got it done).

    I have a question myself - at the time of this writing, the status of my application/complaint shows Complaint Rectified. I was not asked for photo over their webcam (or any finger print, etc.). What is the next step? The name shown is still the old owner's. Perhaps i may call up their customer service or visit the branch again.

  7. Is there any procedure if the candidate is not in India....

    1. i too want to know as my seller is in abroad.
      i think ec wud do the needful for this.

  8. In 1747 Benjamin Franklin started to experiment with electricity and proposed the notion of positive and negative charge. He performed his famous kite experiment to prove that lightning was a form of electrical discharge in 1752. strø

  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Powered by Blogger.